General NewsEntertainment News

Angry Teachers Threaten To Shut Down Union Offices Over 1 Teacher, 1 Laptop PolicyPublished 10 seconds ago on December 15, 2021By Godwin Fullah, Reporter A group of teachers who are upset over deductions from their welfare funds for the purchase of laptop computers to help them with their jobs have threatened to shut down all union offices unless their money is restored by the end of December. The deduction, according to the teachers who are currently marching to the various offices of the teaching unions to present their demands, is incorrect. The march is taking place in Accra, Ghana’s capital. In September, the government began distributing laptops to all teachers in public schools across the country in partnership with teacher unions. Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia announced the plan, entitled “One Teacher One Laptop,” with the goal of improving education quality. He stated that teachers will share 30% of the cost, with the government covering the remaining 70%. The Ghana Education Service (GES), the Attorney-General, and the Education Ministry were jointly sued in November for a decision to award a contract on the initiative to the 1st Defendant, K.A Technologies Ghana Limited. The plaintiffs want the sole-sourced contract given to K. A Technologies Ghana Limited canceled, claiming that it violates sections 40 NEWSAngry Teachers Threaten To Shut Down Union Offices Over 1 Teacher, 1 Laptop PolicyPublished 10 seconds ago on December 15, 2021By Godwin Fullah, Reporter A group of teachers who are upset over deductions from their welfare funds for the purchase of laptop computers to help them with their jobs have threatened to shut down all union offices unless their money is restored by the end of December. The deduction, according to the teachers who are currently marching to the various offices of the teaching unions to present their demands, is incorrect. The march is taking place in Accra, Ghana’s capital. In September, the government began distributing laptops to all teachers in public schools across the country in partnership with teacher unions. Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia announced the plan, entitled “One Teacher One Laptop,” with the goal of improving education quality. He stated that teachers will share 30% of the cost, with the government covering the remaining 70%. The Ghana Education Service (GES), the Attorney-General, and the Education Ministry were jointly sued in November for a decision to award a contract on the initiative to the 1st Defendant, K.A Technologies Ghana Limited. The plaintiffs want the sole-sourced contract given to K. A Technologies Ghana Limited canceled, claiming that Angry Teachers Threaten To Shut Down Union Offices Over 1 Teacher, 1 Laptop Policyon Offices Over 1 Teacher, 1 Laptop Policy

 

 

 

youtube-6553743__480

enfransmedia

I'm oheneba francis |Blogger & Broadcaster Journalist. I am the editor and writer of this noble website. I publish on Entertainment, Sports, Politics, Lifestyle, and Technology. Email Address: [email protected]

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button