Dr Emmanuel Dotsi, Oti Regional Director of Health Services on Thursday said the Service has deployed medical teams to be at various entry points into the Region to prevent people with coronavirus sneaking into the Region.
He said the initiative was to ensure that the Region did not record any COVID-19 case.
The Director of Health Services said health professionals had been provided with Personal Protective Equipment, alcohol-based hand sanitizers and Veronica buckets to wash their hands regularly as well as Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer to check the temperature of people entering the Region.
Mr Dotsi who was addressing the Regional Security Committee on the update of the COVID-19 said the only suspected case reported in the Krachi West District came out negative.
The Director said the various health facilities in the Region were also being put on alert to ensure that anyone who tested positive for COVID-19 would be quickly quarantined to avoid the spreading of the virus.
He urged people in the Region to ensure that they followed the World Health Organization’s safety protocols and wash their hands regularly with soap under running water and observe social distancing to avoid the spread of coronavirus.
Mr Dotsi said collective effort was needed at this crucial time to defeat the pandemic and called on people in the Region to cooperate with health officials to ensure COVID-19 -free Region.